ebay banned Jeffrey Dahmer costumes

eBay has banned the sale of Jeffrey Dahmer costumes on its website

The mother of one of Dahmer’s victims said she is fearful of this year’s Halloween

Costumes of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer have been banned from being sold on eBay for violating the website’s policy. The online auction and shopping website has taken down clothing items that are linked to the serial killer following moderators trawling through the site.

Following Netflix’s latest crime drama Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, starring Evan Peters in the titular role, eBay saw a rise in costumes inspired by Dahmer which had been uploaded by sellers. The official policy on eBay’s site says sales on “items closely associated with or that benefit violent felons, their acts, or crime scenes within the past 100 years” are not allowed.

via Netflix

A spokesperson for eBay said: “The company has policies that prohibit listings glorifying hate, violence and criminal activities.” According to TMZ, moderators are constantly combing through the website to take down any costumes linking to the serial killer.

Currently, if you search Jeffrey Dahmer on eBay, the main item on sale is books about the serial killer. However, one listing was found of a “Jeffrey Dahmer Mask” of Evan Peters from the latest Netflix series.

Shirley Hughes, the mother of Tony Hughes, shared her fears about this year’s Halloween. Speaking with TMZ, Shirley said: “It’s already super triggering to see a hit Netflix series about the serial killer, much less folks dressing like the killer.”

Carla Bellucci recently made headlines for saying she was banned from a Halloween party because her daughter’s costumed would be inspired by Jeffrey Dahmer. Carla said: “I thought it was a genius idea and that it would be mega. A lot of people go as Chucky and I thought it would be funny and an easy costume. They said I was sick but they take things too seriously. I was thinking it’s Halloween and rather than Mike Myers, let’s do Jeffrey Dahmer because it’s a major trend right now.”

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story is available now on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.