Disney Channel stars now

From cooking shows to world tours: What are our favourite Disney Channel stars up to now?

All the Jonas brothers are married with kids🥺

If there is one thing that was a major part of our childhoods, it’s Disney Channel. Nothing could beat the likes Wizards of Waverly Place or Hannah Montana. Everyone had a favourite Disney show growing up and along with that came an attachment to the main character of that specific show. The stars of these iconic programmes have gone onto do some pretty amazing things including winning awards like the Billboard Music Award for Woman of the Year or starring in Teen Choice Award winning TV shows beyond their Disney days. For many of these shows it has been 15 years since they first premiered on Disney Channel, so what are the stars of them up to now?

Here is a full rundown of everything iconic Disney Channel stars have been up to:

Selena Gomez

If Wizards of Waverly Place was not one of your favourite Disney Channel shows growing up then you need to take a long hard look at yourself. Selena Gomez played Alex Russo, the mischievous young wizard who was always up to no good. It has been 10 years since the show ended and Gomez has been up to a lot since then.

After her Disney Channel days, Selena continued with her music career and has released four albums since. In 2013 she released Stars Dance and followed it up with Revival in 2015 and Rare in 2020. Since 2012, Selena has been the voice of Mavis in all the Hotel Transylvania movies alongside Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg. Her most recent project is the Hulu original, Only Murders in the Building in which she plays Mabel alongside Hollywood royalty, Martin Short and Steve Martin.

During her Disney days, Selena was in an on and off again relationship with Justin Bieber. Throughout her career she has been linked with Charlie Puth, Orlando Bloom and she dated The Weeknd for 10 months in 2017. It is reported that she is currently single, and she has just celebrated her 30th birthday. Selena also has her own makeup brand and cooking show, what a woman!

Miley Cyrus

Hannah Montana was the show for that girl. If you were a Hannah Montana fan you definitely had the blonde wig, the snazzy scarf and made every attempt to let your parents go to the concerts. Miley Cyrus made quite the split from Disney Channel after she finished playing the role of Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana. No one can forget that iconic VMA performance with Robin Thicke in 2013.

Like Selena Gomez, she too focused on her music career and went onto release Bangerz in 2013 and it had nothing but bops. Since then she has released four studio albums including Miley Cyrus and her Dead Petz, Younger Now, She is Coming and Plastic Hearts. She hasn’t acted much since Hannah Montana other than her appearance in Black Mirror in 2019.

Miley was married to her longtime partner Liam Hemsworth for two years before divorcing in 2020.

Demi Lovato

Sonny With A Chance came a bit later on in comparison to Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana but it is still a classic nonetheless. Demi played the role of Sonny for two seasons and decided to not join the spin-off So Random in order to focus on her music career as they didn’t want to return to acting immediately.

Like her Disney co-stars, Demi also made a music career for herself and has released four more albums following her Disney days. She has released some absolute bangers like Heart Attack, Confident and Sorry Not Sorry. Demi recently made the decision to adopt she/her pronouns again and is currently in a “really happy and healthy relationship”.

Jonas Brothers

Although the Jonas Brothers are well known for their roles in the Camp Rock movies, they also had their own TV show on Disney Channel called Jonas, which is criminally underrated. The Disney Channel stars reunited as a band in 2019 after years making music individually and even went on tour together. Their song What A Man Gotta Do is an absolute bop.

All three of them are now married with kids! Joe Jonas is married to Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner who he has one child with and another on the way. Nick is married to Priyanka Chopra and the two have recently announced they have welcomed a child together. Eldest brother Kevin stayed out of the limelight a lot more than his younger brothers and has been married since 2009 to Danielle Deleasa (now Jonas), and they have two children together.

Raven-Symoné

That’s So Raven came well before other Disney Channel classics but is just as iconic as the rest. After ending in 2007, Raven took a break from acting after featuring in a couple of comedy movies. In 2015, Raven joined the ABC daytime talk show The View as a co-host and was there for a year before leaving in 2016.

Having not been part of the Disney world for a while, Raven rejoined in 2017 starring in the spin off Raven’s Home which shows her navigating life as a single mother with her two children. In 2020, Raven married her partner Miranda Maday.

Dylan and Cole Sprouse

Our favourite twins! Disney Channel stars, Dylan and Cole starred in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and The Suite Life on Deck and were Disney kids from 2005 until 2011. The two have not stopped acting since and both turned 30 in August 2022. Yes, 30. Dylan’s most recent project is the romantic comedy film My Fake Boyfriend and in which he stars alongside Sarah Hyland. He has been in a relationship with Hungarian model Barbara Palvin since 2018 and they are still going strong.

Cole Sprouse has remained a constant on our screens since landing the role of Jughead in Riverdale in 2017. In 2019, Cole also starred in the gut-wrenching film Five Feet Apart and made us all remember his acting is so much better than what we see in Riverdale. Cole is currently dating model Ari Fournier and has been since July 2021.