Sophie Turner Joe Jonas divorce statement

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas just released the first statement about their divorce

‘There are many speculative narratives as to why, but truly this is a united decision’

After much speculation and the rumour mill in absolute overdrive this week, yesterday it was confirmed Joe Jonas has filed for divorce from Sophie Turner. Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas have now released their first statement surrounding the divorce proceedings as social media went into overdrive with rumours over what drove them apart, setting the record well and truly straight.

In a statement posted to Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas’ Instagram accounts regarding the divorce, the pair said: “After four wonderful years of marriage, we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage. There are many speculative narratives as to why, but truly this is a united decision and we sincerely hope everyone can respect our wishes for privacy for us and our children.”

Joe Jonas of The Jonas Brothers fame and Sophie Turner, actress in the likes of Game of Thrones, have been one of the most stanned celeb couples in years after the two first connected via Instagram DMs back in 2016. Since then, the couple got married in 2019 and had their daughter Willa in 2020. The two welcomed their second baby just last year.

Most recently and what we were all hoping never to see on the Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner relationship timeline, a source revealed to PEOPLE that Joe had retained a divorce lawyer. We are weeping, we are wailing – but glad it’s amicable and the rumours can be put to bed.

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip like this Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner divorce statement, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook