Pictured is Laura Whitmore

Right, so just how rich is Laura Whitmore and how did she become the face of Love Island?

It has been reported she earned £600k for this season of Love Island!

Laura Whitmore has been the host of Love Island since January 2020, making her debut during the winter series of the show. Despite already having made a name for herself before presenting the reality show, Laura has become a household name for many and the face of 10pm on a Sunday night. With recent reports of Laura earning up to £600k for this Love Island season alone, just how much is the Irish presenter worth and how did she work her way up from a video jockey at MTV to becoming the face of Love Island?

via Instagram @thewhitmore

What is Laura Whitmore’s net worth?

Laura Whitmore is a television and radio presenter and model from Ireland. She began her career in TV as a video jockey for MTV and is now well known for presenting reality television shows like Love Island and Survival of the Fittest. It has been reported that Laura’s net worth is £11.9 million.

It was reported at the start of season eight of Love Island, Laura had made £600k for her time on the show, working out to be around £750 per second, and she’d only been on the air for 14 minutes! She shut down the claims and responded on her Instagram sorry calling the reports “nothing but speculation.”

How did Laura make her money?

Laura attended Dublin City University where she studied journalism. In 2008, Laura competed to become the face of MTV News in MTV Europe, it was from this where she began to work for MTV and hosted news bulletins for MTV in Ireland, the UK and European channels. She began to host special events in Ireland and other European countries for MTV.

In 2011, Laura was the host of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Now!, which is now better known as I’m a Celebrity: Extra Camp. She hosted five seasons and in 2016 she left the show. In 2014, she was a commentator for the BBC Eurovision team during the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest, alongside Scott Mills.

via Instagram @thewhitmore

Laura did not stop her reality TV journey there as she went onto star in BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing in 2016 and was the sixth celebrity to be voted out. In 2018, the presenter made her way to ITV2 where she presented Survival of the Fittest and in 2019 it was announced she would host Love Island. Laura has been presenting Love Island since 2020 after taking over for Caroline Flack.

For the past four years, Laura has had her own radio show on BBC Radio 5 Live, but has recently left her Sunday morning show role.

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.