Here are the top 10 documentary series of the year, according to IMDb

Something to fill the winter nights if you haven’t watched already

If there’s one genre of show we just can’t get enough of it’s documentary series – and 2020 has provided some of the best yet. From Tiger King to Zac Efron travelling the world, we’ve been treated with a whole range of different docs to get stuck into.

IMDb has put together a list of the top performing documentary series from this year, so if you haven’t watched these already it’s perfect binge watch material for you.

Here’s the list of the top 10 documentary series of 2020:

top, best, documentary, series, 2020, ranking, list, true crime, Netflix, shows, Amazon, HBO, IMDb

Nobody is surprised to see that the top documentary series of 2020 is Tiger King on Netflix. It doesn’t even seem real to imagine a life before we knew who Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin were. Up next is The Last Dance and possibly one of the most shocking and graphic documentary series to date, Don’t F**k With Cats: Hunting An Internet Killer, about the twisted crimes of Luka Magnotta. 

Up next is HBO’s The Vow, an American true crime documentary series revolving around the cult NXIVM and its leader Keith Raniere. And completing the top five is Netflix series Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich.

Then it’s I’ll Be Gone In The Dark followed by Down To Earth With Zac Efron – the travel and lifestyle series proving we enjoy more than just true crime documentaries. Completing the list is McMillions, Pandemic and The Trials Of Gabriel Fernandez.

The 10 best documentary series list is based on which ones consistently charted highest on the site they are aired on weekly and TV rankings on IMDbPro in 2020. IMDbPro rankings are based on the actual page views of the more than 200 million monthly visitors to IMDb worldwide.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.