Ranked: These are the top 20 accounts on Instagram with the most followers

Kylie Jenner just became the most followed woman after her pregnancy announcement

On Instagram the majority of us have a few hundred followers but there are some celebs and brands who are followed by millions of people around the world.

They’ll upload the most basic of pictures and yet still get millions of likes. Their follower counts can determine how much they get paid for sponsored posts and Instagram is the place for all celebs to announce their new relationships, baby news or just casually drop an album.

But which celebs have the highest amount of followers? Amongst the top 20 most followed Instagram accounts are three footballers, four Kardashians and a magazine, but who is the number one most followed person on Instagram ever? Thankfully it’s not Kylie Jenner.

Here are the top 20 most followed people on Instagram:

20. Miley Cyrus – 144 million

Everyone’s favourite Disney Channel star has grown up to get 144 million Instagram followers. Miley posts videos and pictures promoting her music, as well as travel photos and the occasional Hannah Montana throwback picture.

19. Virat Kohli – 151 million

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Virat Kohli (@virat.kohli)

A more recent addition to the top 20 most followed Instagram accounts is Indian cricket player Virat Kohli.

He’s the captain of the team and mainly posts cricket shots and photos with his wife Anushka.

18. Nicki Minaj – 156 million

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Barbie (@nickiminaj)

Nicki Minaj’s Instagram is full of fire pictures and a very recent upload of her hanging out with Rihanna. Honestly the power in that shot.

17. Neymar – 160 million

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmS0uGgIeP/

Neymar is the first of three footballers who made the top 20 most followed accounts on Instagram. Neymar has 160 million followers and mainly posts pictures from matches as well as the odd family photo.

16. Nike – 172 million

Nike is the only brand to make the list and despite not posting that often they’ve still seemed to rack up a decent amount of followers.

On their Instagram their most recent posts have featured Serena Williams and Cristiano Ronaldo.

15. Jennifer Lopez – 175 million

Coming in at number 15 in the top 20 most followed people on Instagram is Jennifer Lopez who has 175 million followers.

On her Instagram she honestly just posts a load of fit pictures and why not? I would be on Instagram all day if I looked like J.Lo.

14. Taylor Swift – 177 million

Taylor has turned off comments on her Instagram posts which she mainly uses to promote her music. Her grid right now is mainly promotion for her rerecording of the Red album.

13. Khloe Kardashian – 181 million

The first of the Kardashian family to make the top 20 most followed people on Instagram is Khloé. She has 181 million followers and posts on the regular.

Khloé’s Instagram is filled with pictures of her daughter True, photoshoots for her brands and of course selfies where she looks like a different person each time.

12. National Geographic – 183 million

It really warms my heart that National Geographic is in this list. Dunno why, just does. The magazine mainly shares photos from their photographers around the world.

11. Kendall Jenner – 187 million

Surprise surprise another Kardashian is on the list, this time it’s Kendall who has 187 million followers and narrowly missed out on the top 10. Kendall naturally posts a lot of pictures of herself in cool outfits as well as sharing shoots from magazines she’s in.

10. Justin Bieber – 194 million

Kicking off the top 10 is all of our crushes from our teenage years, Justin Bieber, who has 1194 million followers on Instagram. Justin posts a lot of pictures of him with Hailey as well as promoting his clothing company Drew.

9. Beyoncé – 206 million

I am stunned that the queen only has 206 million followers but whatever. Beyoncé posts very sporadically and doesn’t caption her photos and yet always ends up with millions of likes.

8. Kim Kardashian – 251 million

Yet another Kardashian on the list, Kim must fuming to have missed out on the top five with 251 million followers. Kim posts pictures with her family, fit selfies and promo for her many projects including Skims.

7. Selena Gomez – 260 million

On her Instagram Selena posts honest selfies, promo for her makeup company Rare and other projects she’s involved in, including a Netflix documentary she did the voiceover for.

6. Lionel Messi – 262 million

The second footballer on this list is Lionel Messi who has 262 million followers. He naturally posts a lot of football pictures that he rarely captions, as well as some cute family photos.

5. Ariana Grande – 265 million

Coming in at number five is Ariana Grande with her 265 million followers. Her Instagram has a very Tumblr vibe to it and she shares pictures of herself as well as a lot as promo for her albums and the occasional picture with her hubby.

4. Kylie Jenner – 265 million

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kylie 🤍 (@kyliejenner)

After her second pregnancy announcement Kylie beat Ariana Grande to become the most followed woman on Instagram. Her Insta is full of promotion for Kylie Cosmetics and very cute photos of Stormi.

3. The Rock – 268 million

Damn The Rock now has over 250 million followers and is kicking off the top three. His Instagram is a mixture of showing off his insanely muscled body, food pictures and photos with his children.

2. Cristiano Ronaldo – 340 million

Cristiano Ronaldo is the second most followed person on Instagram with 339 million followers. The footballer posts pictures with his family and many many football photos.

1. Instagram – 420 million

And the award for the account with the most amount of followers is…Instagram. Naturally they’d get themselves top of the list.