Black Ops 6 settings tactical sprint assist

Here’s why you should turn off tactical sprint assist for the best advantage in Black Ops 6

Keeping it on causes a huge delay when aiming down sights

Black Ops 6 was released today, and everyone is already trying to figure out the best setting to configure to make sure they’re at the top of their game. But, it turns out one common setting might actually be more of a hindrance than a help. It turns out that keeping the tactical sprint assist on in settings will result in a huge delay when aiming down sights in Black Ops 6.

Black Ops 6 gamer @Lightsfire_ pointed out the crucial gameplay element on Twitter, telling his followers: “Tactical sprint assist is causing a massive delay when aiming down sights this is what you should change it to.”

He included gameplay of himself in the Black Ops 6 gun range showing how long aiming down sights takes with the tactical sprint assist turned on versus off in settings. Safe to say it’s definitely enough of a difference that it’s worth turning off as it could massively help with your gameplay experience.

Alright, so how exactly do you turn off tactical sprint assist in Black Ops 6? Well, it couldn’t be simpler. Go into settings, then click movement and go onto sprint assist. A lot of players will have tactical sprint assist on, but instead, just change the setting to the standard sprint assist.

He adds that if you want to get even faster reaction times, you should scroll down in the movement settings, click on movement advanced settings and set your tactical sprint activation to single tap run which allows you to “get that fast reaction but also be able to do the tactical sprint if you want to.”

For all the latest gaming news, memes and updates follow The Holy Church of Gaming on Facebook. 

Related stories recommended by this writer:

• Everything we know about Assassin’s Creed Codename Hexe, the ‘darkest’ game yet

• Okay so what actually is the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Infinity and is it even a game?

• An inarguable ranking of all 12 mainline Assassin’s Creed games from worst to best