stevie nicks katy perry

Omg, Stevie Nicks told Katy Perry to ‘get off the internet’ and stop beefing with everyone

Apparently Katy Perry needs to see pop music as a Woman’s World

Stevie Nicks once told Katy Perry to “get off the internet” and not see other women as rivals.

Stevie Nicks has revealed a conversation she had with Katy Perry a decade ago, when Katy Perry was actually making good pop music. And not going to lie, the advice she gave Katy Perry was seriously snarky.

The Fleetwood Mac star told Rolling Stone, “About 10 years ago, Katy Perry was talking to me about the internet armies of all the girl singers, and how cruel and rancid they were.

“I said, ‘Well, I wouldn’t know, because I’m not on the internet.’

“‘She said, ‘So, who are your rivals?’

“I just looked at her. It was my steely look. I said, ‘Katy, I don’t have rivals. I have friends. All the other women singers that I know are friends. Nobody’s competing. Get off the internet and you won’t have rivals either.'”

Ouch. I would pay good money to witness Stevie’s “steely look”.

stevie nicks katy perry womans world

Basically, Stevie Nicks told Katy Perry to think of pop music as a Woman’s World
(Image via YouTube)

This conversation probably happened in about 2014, when Katy Perry was at the peak of her pop girly powers and had bad blood (see what I did there?) with Taylor Swift.

Stevie Nicks also recently revealed that she once told Katy Perry that her feud with Taylor Swift was “bullshit”.

The Fleetwood Mac star told The New Yorker in 2022 about running into Katy Perry at the extra bougie Corinthia Hotel in London around a decade ago. It kind of sounds like Stevie Nicks is recalling the same conversation?

Katy asked Stevie who her rivals are, and Stevie replied, “We don’t have rivals. That’s ridiculous.”

The New Yorker said that Stevie Nicks said that Katy Perry said (you with me still?) “Well, there’s, like, the Taylor Swift army and there’s, like, the Katy army and there’s like…”

Stevie Nicks cut her off. “That’s just bullsh*t. You have to just walk away from that. Don’t carry that around in your mind because then they’re winning this game.”

What a line. To be fair to Katy Perry, though, Swifties are kind of terrifying.

Stevie Nicks apparently follows her own advice and stays offline. She doesn’t connect her phone to the internet and only really uses it as a camera. She’s glad that Fleetwood Mac never really had to deal with social media and thinks what Chappell Roan has had to deal with is “outrageous”.

For more like this plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook

Dated to plain disrespectful: The Katy Perry songs that have aged the worst

Orlando Bloom caught looking *very* awkward while Katy Perry danced erotically at the VMAs

• The dead on arrival disaster of Katy Perry’s return to music: How did she get it so wrong?

Feature image credit: Stevie Nicks on SNL via NBC, Katy Perry in the Women’s World video via YouTube