Sex Education is about to start filming season three and there’s a new main character

You can apply for the role!!

If you thought 2020 had been a pretty rough year so far, things are finally looking up – as some of the details of Sex Education season three have been revealed and the show is back filming again soon.

There’s a new character, casting opportunities and a whole lot of questions we need answering when our fav show returns. Here’s what we know about the new season so far.

Sex Education, season three, details, latest, production, filming, Netflix, cast, new, characters

via Netflix

Production for the next season starts at the beginning of next month

Sex Education was renewed in February, a month after season two first aired on Netflix. Production of the new episodes was due to begin in May this year, but that was all put on hold due to the current health pandemic. But, things are finally getting going again as, according to What’s on Netflix, the production of season three is due to start on September 7th.

Any cast member outside the UK was told to be in the country this week, to begin a quarantine period before filming resumes. Filming is expected to end in February, so the new series will be a lot later than the usual January release date.

via Netflix

Some of the details we know about Sex Education season three include a new recurring character

All of the main cast members will be back for season three (of course), including Asa Butterfield as Otis, Emma Mackey as Maeve, Ncuti Gatwa as Eric, Gillian Anderson as Jean, Connor Swindells as Adam, Kedar Williams-Stirling as Jackson, Aimee Lou Wood as Aimee and Mimi Keene as Ruby.

According to What’s on Netflix there’s going to be a new recurring character joining the crew. They are 17-year-old Cal, who is described as a “non-binary stoner kid” – apparently Netflix is actively encouraging “non-binary/genderqueer” actors to apply for the role. The last season brought us Rahim as a new character, so if he’s anything to follow this new character should get some good storylines.

Netflix is also looking for extras and a young choir to join the cast, with applications being taken in the South Wales area – where most of the show is filmed.

Sex Education, Netflix

There are A LOT of unanswered questions we need answering in season three

Without too many spoilers, the ending of Sex Education season two was just simply not okay. We NEED to know what is going to happen between Otis and Maeve. We also need to know what’s going to happen next between Adam and Eric and if they’ll last – and obviously Rahim deserves some sort of justice from the entire situation too. That’s not forgetting the bombshell that was Jean finding out she’s pregnant and Jackson still being unsure about his future.

God, we need it NOW.

The release date for Sex Education season three on Netflix has not yet been confirmed. To make sure you’re the first to know, and for all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.