This Facebook group is dedicated to rinsing boomers struggling with technology

I;m thinking about thos Beans,,,

Older people are disadvantaged in several ways when it comes to computers and everything that comes with them such as social media, whether that be that they were born in a time when computers weren’t as necessary, or they simply cant seem to get their head around these things we call “keyboards”. Regardless, they deserve our complete sympathy and understanding when we try and teach them how to effectively use new technology… that is, after we’ve had our fun savagely taking the piss out of them on the internet.

The Facebook group Please show to Jim ! ! HA ! ! HA ! ! is responsible for documenting some of the more innocent slip-ups by older people on social media, and the results are seriously fucking funny. Essentially, the group collectively personifies the older person as a “Jim”, who seemingly can’t step a foot in the right direction when it comes to anything involving even the smallest technological knowhow, such as emails, talking to brands on social media and even updating their Facebook profiles.

Low key terrifying from Grandma

The Tab spoke exclusively to the admin of the group, Trisha, who very nicely told us that it was born out of a desire to show how confusing it often is for older people to understand the online world: “I like to tell people that it’s a group where people can come together to appreciate how much of a struggle learning new technology can be.

“It was just started as a place where we could share all of our favourite adorable posts of people trying to understand social media. Now it’s evolved into a much larger community, but we still have the same spirit of kindness and appreciation that we had in the beginning.”

WHO,,,IS,,,,ANDIM

The beauty of this group is that, once you follow it enough and see a good amount of the posts, you can see that there are certain trends that old people on social media seem to follow. For example, the use of many commas will be preferred to spaces, or the entire message will be in caps. You’ll see what we mean.

So, without further ado, here’s some of the all-time best posts rinsing older people struggling with technology on Please show to Jim ! ! HA ! ! HA ! !:

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

21.

22.

Make sure to check out Please show to Jim ! ! HA ! ! HA ! ! as well as their other group Wholesome Elderlyposting.