The most BU things to happen in 2016

And so it goes

From fires and memes to the Men’s Water Polo team calendar, these are the most BU things to happen this year.

So many buildings were evacuated

FitRec, CAS, CFA,  a fire at Questrom, fire at COM, fire at Warren Towers, and some hazardous activity near Myles.

The Silverfish came, and went…and came back again

Petition to make the white silverfish our new mascot? Never mind.

Remember the guy who stole $9000 worth of stuff from Costco?

Right at the start of the school year, I wonder where he is now.

So many amazing people came to visit us

Mike Rezendes

Hannibal Buress

Spotlight team member Mike Rezendes, comedian Chris Hardwick, another comedian Hannibal Buress, and activist Shaun King, joined by Yamila Hussein, Oren Nimni, and Carl Williams, to name a few.

We discovered just how awesome our Terriers really are

Dev Blair

Julia Sokolowski

The Tab got exclusives with some of the brightest at BU. Fashion-forward senior David Lowe, and Arianna Joli. Inspirations, Lornex Rono, and Dev Blair. BU’s pop prince, Jean-Luc. Photographers Evan Jones, and Oliver Shahery. Miss Boston herself, Maggie Markham. Julia Sokolowski, who was on Survivor. DJs Redbroocc, Scuba Moose, Wandrew, and Fried Rice. Finally, Alumna Alex Shadrow, who scored a major deal on Project Runway.

Men’s Water Polo blessed us with a calendar

The men’s water polo team

Pretty sure they’re sold out by now, but check it out.

We’re still in the top one percent of universities in the world, and it feels good

Take that, BC. 

An artist’s message around campus provoked a strong response

Quotes appeared around campus, and at first no one knew what to make of them, but we found out the truth.

Dorm cats. Need I say more?

Tiny animals, the saving grace of 2016.

Mugar had a bomb threat. It was a whole thing and a whole hoax

No one was hurt, but the hoax got a bomb squad to Mugar.

We got an exclusive interview with Rhett, the mascot of our dreams

Rhett, the good boy.

When you see Rhett out on the street, suddenly things are just okay again.

Weed is legal in Massachusetts now

Not really a BU thing but, I’m sure some people are happy about it.

The BU servers went down just before noon registration

Terriers did not disappoint with the memes and reactions.

The election

Even if we didn’t want to, we heard both sides of the election. Then when it was announced, we wasted no time in saying how we felt on campus, and with the rest of Boston.

We came together to fight back

When those horrible Neo-Nazi posters sprung up around campus, we didn’t stand for it. When BU’s response to sexual assault charges disappointed us, we signed this petition. We were together for Black Lives Matter, Divest BU, #PoorAtAPrivateUniversity, and for the election.

We realized we can find comfort in the positivity of our fellow students 

Started by faculty member Maureen Mahoney, the colorful addition to the COM lobby reminds us no matter how dark it gets, how without hope it may seem, there will alway be good things to look back on, and forward to.

So here’s to a better 2017.

BU