Positive Post-its in COM lobby

What will you write?

Since this past Wednesday, A lobby wall of COM has become increasingly colorful, and filled with positive messages from students.

The trend started in a New York City subway after the election, and made its way to our very own College of Communication.

It was started by Maureen Mahoney, the Assistant Dean of Operations and Finance at COM, as a way for faculty, staff, and students to express themselves in the wake of these trying times.

The Tab spoke to Mahoney, who said, “The dean wants to make sure everyone feels welcomed here at  COM. We had discussed different options and I brought up the subway wall in New York. The dean thought it was a great way for people to communicate their feelings being that it’s the College of Communication.”

She clarified that the wall of Post-its is not in direct response the election, but still an opportunity for students to express themselves and inspire others.

Mahoney put up the first two post-its, reading, ‘be kind,’ as a reminder for all to write encouraging and appropriate messages.

The project, as of now, will be up indefinitely. What will you write?

BU