Students protest Neo-Nazi posters at Marsh Plaza

They marched to COM where one of the posters was chanting ‘Hey hey ho ho, nazi scum has got to go’

Despite the rain at 5:30pm today over 30 students, faculty and members of the community gathered at Marsh Plaza to protest the recent Neo-Nazi and anti-black flyers which appeared on campus.

Students are holding up signs which say “Black lives matter,” “Nazi scum off our campus” and “Smash white supremacy.”

They can be heard chanting, “Racist, sexist, anti-gay, Nazi scum, go away!” “Hey hey ho ho, nazi scum has got to go,” and “Rich, brown, poor, queer, white supremacy I’m still here!”

Protesters have been taking turns speaking out about the recent events.

Jess, one of the speakers said: “What matters is that we are standing here… What we are showing people is we can’t stand this and we can’t tolerate this any longer.”

“How dare these people show their faces in public.”

Students have taken this opportunity to come together and fight back.

“We are not scared, we are ready to fight back.”

Students started walking down Comm Ave towards the College of Communications where one of the posters was put up. They chanted “The people united will never be divided.”

Marlo Kalb, one of the first students to become aware of the posters being put up around campus, organized the emergency rally against racism at Marsh Plaza.

She told The Tab her initial reaction to the posters was fear and shock that something like this would occur on BU’s campus.

Marlo hopes the rally will bring the campus together to “make it clear [they] do not want Nazis on [their] campus.”

Watch the protest live on The Tab BU’s Facebook page.

BU