York Student spent two days in hospital after unprovoked attack on York Street

A man in his 30s has been arrested and bailed

A student was taken to hospital after becoming the victim of an unprovoked attack on York Street.

The individual, a man in his 20s, spent two days in hospital after suffering facial injuries on Saturday 17th of February, York Mix reports.

The attack happened on Fulford Road near the junction with Broadway between 8:10pm and 8:30pm on Saturday.

A North Yorkshire Police spokesperson said: “After being set upon, the victim was taken to hospital by ambulance and remained in hospital for two days.” The police have described it as an “unprovoked incident”.

A man in his 30s has been arrested and bailed as further enquiries are ongoing.

A North Yorkshire Police spokesperson said: “After being set upon, the victim was taken to hospital by ambulance and remained in hospital for two days.”

If you have any information which may be of use to police, you can call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Simon Dixon or Email Simon Dixon here, quoting reference number: 12240029913.