The York Christmas Markets are BACK this Thursday!

Get me a mulled wine asap x

The York Christmas Markets are BACK this Thursday 17th November and I can already feel the mulled wine warming my hands.

This year’s markets feature a brand new “Winter Hutte” a two-story traditional swiss chalet and 70 stalls lining Parliament Street and St. Sampsons Square.

This year’s markets have also extended their opening hours and so can be enjoyed from 10am-7pm from the 17th November to the 23rd December giving us even longer to sing to Mariah to our heart’s content.

Whether you’re in the mood for a hog roast, crepes, gyros or vegan tacos, there’s plenty to choose from to fill your bellies this Christmas season. Or maybe you fancy a new candle for your uni room or the perfect accessory for your winter formal – who can resist a little shop with a cup of mulled wine?

With York’s St. Nicholas Christmas Market celebrating its 30th year this year, lots of traders are also offering discounts up to 30 per cent for York residents (although these offers will only be valid upon showing a valid ID with York stated as your place of residency). So if you’re scraping together your last few pennies by the end of term (who isn’t honestly), you won’t need to break the bank to enjoy the experience.