Kuda is back: Here’s what we know

The popular York club will reopen its doors on Monday 19th July

After being closed since March 2020, Kuda will be reopening on freedom day, Monday 19th July. Tickets for the opening night can be bought here.

The club reopens under new management after being bought by REKOM UK, the largest UK nightclub operator which owns 47 clubs across the country.

Henry Glennon, Kuda’s new general manager said: “I can’t wait to have Kuda banging again.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ0rC0gjWRS/

Formerly owned by The Deltic Group, which went into administration last year due to the pandemic, the reopening under REKOM UK is music to many York student’s ears.

A hugely popular student venue, a poll on The York Tab’s Instagram found that 75 per cent of students said they were desperate to get back to Kuda.

Henry Glennon, Kuda’s new general manager said: “York is a great city that is crying out for a club of Kuda’s stature to return. We can’t wait to get the party started again later this month.”

Glennon, at 29 years old, was previously deputy general manager at PRYSM Bristol but Kuda York is his first general manager post.

Over 40 jobs have also been created by Kuda’s return with recruitment events being held at the Clifford Street venue on Wednesday 7th to Friday 9th July between 6-8pm. Glennon added: “We have vacancies across the board from cashiers to cleaners and from bar staff to hosts. We are offering jobs to those that were made redundant when Deltic went into administration, but we are also looking for enthusiastic, outgoing people to join our team.”

The York Tab spoke to Jason Reilly, popular York DJ and local legend about Kuda’s reopening and he said: “This is super exciting news and I personally can’t wait to kick things off, Monday 19th July at Kuda York.”

“Kuda is such a great club to play at, and I know lots of people have missed it. Dust off your outfits, bring along your dodgy dancing and let’s get back to having some crazy nights in the BEST CITY in the WORLD!”

Tickets for Monday 19th, Wednesday 21st, Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th can be found on Kuda’s website.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @Theyorktab on Instagram or The Tab York on Facebook.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Uni of York announces new college named after human rights defender David Kato

10 ways to say you go to Uni of York without actually saying it

All the things we can look forward to in York as restrictions ease