A petition has been launched to bring a fish and chip shop to Hes East

Can’t think of a better plaice tbh

A York student has set up a change.org petition for a fish and chip shop to be established over on Heslington East.

Set up by a student going by the name "J B Morrell", the petition says:

"The students of this university deserve a place close to campus to enjoy such delicacies as chip butties and a good battered cod and chips. It seems as though this idea is in high demand and will really help southerners embrace the northern sea-side culture.

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Snack, Food, Person, People, Human

Everyone loves a good fish and chip meal on a sunny day, and with the recent heatwave I believe it is ample time to bring student politic into a place we can all enjoy – petitioning for a fish and chip shop.

Please sign this to support a good cause,

J.B."

Image may contain: Text

The inspiration for the petition came from a post on Yorfess

The University of York student behind the petition claims that they started the petition after seeing someone else's confession on Yorfess, telling The Tab: "I chose Hes East over Hes West as I live over there and there's not much here. Everyone loves a good fish and chips, especially us Northerners"

At the time of writing the petition has ten signatures, you can add your name to it by clicking here.

University of York

The Tab York

last seen today at 12:21

Get breaking York news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out everything going down on Hull Road, mad shit happening in Kuda, and which Friends character your college is. Straight into your DMs. 😘