York moves up to 16th best UK uni, according to The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018

We’re also the 2nd best uni in the north

The University of York is one of the top 20 UK universities, and is ranked 2nd best regionally, according to The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.

York came 16th in the new ranking, seen first by The Tab, which is based on the quality of student experience and student perception of the teaching they receive.

York's undergraduate program has been complimented for introducing the option for all undergraduates to do a placement year, study abroad or undertake free language and cultural tuition.

In addition, York students starting in 2018 will be enrolled on a new personal development programme designed alongside leading graduate employers in order to boost their career prospects. The university claims its York Futures programme is the first of its kind in the UK, because of its comprehensiveness.

Unfortunately, local rivals Leeds were named the top northern uni, ranking first regionally and rising three places to reach the top 10 nationally.

Still, top 20 nationally is not to be sniffed at!