Race2 Barcelona!

The Charities Campaign is readying itself for a week of hitchhiking adventure once again, as Race2 returns in January 2012. Due to the upcoming university calendar changes, this will be […]

The Charities Campaign is readying itself for a week of hitchhiking adventure once again, as Race2 returns in January 2012. Due to the upcoming university calendar changes, this will be the final inter-semester race. To mark the occasion, Race2 is bigger than ever with its most challenging and vibrant destination to date: Barcelona.

If you’re up for an exciting way to end the first semester, this is definitely the hitchhike for you. The Charities Campaign has held Race2 for six years for three main reasons: it’s fun, cheap and safe. It’s fun because you meet the most extraordinary people, see some beautiful sights and accumulate countless memorable experiences.

It’s cheap because racers are encouraged to hitchhike without spending any money; the entry fee of £50 gives racers two nights at a hostel, transport to the start line, a party, a t-shirt and goody bag. It’s safe because the UK and Barcelona safety teams work round the clock with the new RACEbook software to ensure that all racers are safe.

Not only is it a unique travelling experience, it also raises lots of money for six brilliant charities. Every racer must raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship; however, for those more ambitious fundraisers, the Campaign will reimburse you with your £50 if you raise over £500. This may sound a lot but past hitchhikers have managed the feat of raising £5,000!

The Stand has confirmed Race2Barcelona has now sold out – pretty spectacular. However, if you’re still looking to get involved email Emma Edwards on [email protected] for more information about other charities campaigns.

ATTENTION: The stand is looking for one of the teams to blog and take photos as they Race2 Barcelona! If you’re interested, please get in touch with our Features editor, Alex Holroyd, at [email protected]

More useful Charities Campaign links: