Sheffield has ranked as one of the best cities in UK for a student night out

Our iconic West Street is finally being recognised

Sheffield is known for many things, and a great student night out is definitely one of them.

In a study from LateRooms.com, Sheffield ranked eighth place in the UK for the best student night out, scoring 195/260 points.

The average price of a pint, number of takeaways, and hotels with 24-hour receptions were all taken in to account to reveal the top spots in the UK for student nightlife and personal safety.

52 university cities across the UK were analysed and given a score out of 260 points. The resulting data shows not only great student nightlife cities, but also cities where students feel most safe.

The top 10 cities for a student night out, and their score out of 260, are:

1. Manchester – 235
  2. Glasgow – 233
  3. London – 227
  4. Edinburgh – 226
  5. Newcastle – 202
  6. Birmingham – 201
  7. Bristol – 200
  8. Sheffield – 195
  9. Liverpool – 193
  10. Aberdeen – 192

Manchester topped the table, placing in the top three for bars/restaurants, hotels with 24-hour receptions, and number of takeaways.

The nightlife scene would be best enjoyed in London due to it having the most bars/restaurants that serve alcohol (7,585), followed by Manchester with 924, and Edinburgh with 855.

The full list of the UK’s best cities for a student night out is available here.