The Sheffield Tab’s guide to breakfast in the city

Feeling peckish? Here are seven of our favourite breakfast hotspots in Sheffield.

One thing that Sheffield does best, is breakfast. The Steel City is complete with numerous places for you to enjoy, whether you need a quiet study space or you’re catching brunch with the gang. Here is The Sheffield Tab’s guide to seven of the best breakfast spots in the city.

Made By Jonty, Sharrow Vale

Made By Jonty

Made By Jonty is an independent café located on Sharrowvale, just behind Ecclesall Road. It offers a range of sweet and savoury goodies, free Wi-Fi and it is also dog friendly. They also have an incredible selection of both vegetarian and vegan options, adhering to everyone’s breakfast needs. Along with their friendly atmosphere, they offer reasonable prices, making it ideal for you to visit whilst keeping within your student budget.

Oliver’s, Sharrow Vale

Oliver’s is a small, contemporary bistro serving some of the best breakfast food in Sheffield. Like Made by Jonty, this gem is also located in Sharrow Vale.

At Oliver’s can choose between items such as pancakes, pastries, eggs in any shape or form and breakfast smoothies, just to name a few. They also have a great selection of hot drinks, so if you’re a coffee lover – this is place is for you.The atmosphere at the bistro caters for everyone, whether you take your parents, friends, or your partner.

The Cabin, city centre

If you find yourself in the city centre, we highly recommend visiting the Cabin. The family-run pancake, waffle and coffee house  pride themselves on their American style breakfast. The quality of their food is unmatched, as well as their reasonable pricing.

They offer a range of toppings for your pancakes or waffles, such as: blueberries, Nutella, chocolate sauce, banana and salted caramel – this list goes on. However, if you don’t have a massive sweet tooth, they also serve unbelievable bagels, with more choices of toppings than you can imagine. Again, this place also offers dishes perfectly suited for vegans and vegitarians.

The Graduate, Surrey Street

The Graduate is located on Surrey Street in the city centre. Whilst perhaps being one of the lesser known cafes, they sure know how to make a fry up. They offer an array of breakfast foods including wraps, crumpets with a choice of toppings, quesadillas and of course – a full English. What makes this place even better is that their breakfast is served all day. So, if you are hungover and find yourself crawling out of bed at 2pm, The Graduate has got your back.

Coffika, Ecclesall Road

Coffika is a stylish, independent cafe located on Ecclesall Road. They serve a variety of cakes, smoothies, pancakes and bagels – all with vegetarian and vegan options. It is the perfect place to enjoy your breakfast without breaking your student budget, perhaps after a stressful day of university. They’re now serving their own festive drinks, with flavours including Mint chocolate, Oreo, Chocolate Orange and Baileys Latte.

Nam Song

If you’re a lover of Vietnamese food, breakfast and an exciting interior – then look no further. Nam Song, located in Sharrow Vale and Broomhill, offers a range of both English and traditional Vietnamese breakfast foods until 11am daily. They serve a variety of coffees and teas, with the choices of home-made Vietnamese syrups/toppings. Alongside the food, the beautiful lanterns allow you to grab the perfect picture to post on your Instagram story.

HowSt, Howard Street

HowSt Cafe is located on Howard Street. If you’re at Hallam city campus and you’re feeling peckish, this is just for you. They serve a range of delicious food, coffee and even cocktails – just in case your lecture was that stressful. HowSt are best known for their incredible breakfast bagels, which are available to have with an array of fillings such as avocado, salmon and salami. They also offer nutritious fruit bowls and salads, if you’re looking for healthier option.