Image may contain: Night Life, Night Club, Club, Spotlight, Lighting, LED, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Freshers’ Week: Leadmill’s SONIC Saturday to host special ‘This is Sheffield’ event

The city’s favourite indie disco will celebrate everything Sheffield

The Leadmill are set to host a massive Sheffield edition of Sonic Saturday as part of a week full of freshers fun.

‘This is Sheffield’ will take place on Saturday 22 September and will succeed a number of Leadmill club nights which will take place in the opening week of term.

From a big bassline rave on the Monday, to Arctic Monkeys after-parties and Club Tropicana from Tuesday to Thursday, the club will end the week and welcome new students to the city by treating them to a night of Sheffield’s finest.

The main room will play a variety of songs to have defined Sheffield music, including major hits from Pulp, Reverend and the Makers and Arctic Monkeys.

The night will not be short for good music however, as these local favourites will join a long list of names to have taken over the rock scene as normal for a Saturday night at The Leadmill.

Expect modern tunes from Blossoms, Royal Blood and Jamie T; indie anthems from Foals, Courteeners and The Vaccines; as well as timeless classics from the likes of The Libertines, The Smiths and The Stone Roses.

If that’s not enough, room two will be open as always playing vintage mashups of soul and R&B. Song requests and limited edition merch will also be available.

On a special night celebrating Sheffield’s own, the biggest indie disco in town has gotten even bigger. This is not be one to missed for those who seek something different to the usual chart playlists.

Tickets are available to buy here.