Queen’s attempted arson attack: Oven doused in oil and left on full power overnight

They disabled the smoke alarms and turned all the ovens on

Arson crime Queen's

A tearaway stole meat from several fridges and then cooked them on full power and left them overnight.

They then doused one cooker in oil and tampered with fire alarms.

Now panicked staff have removed all cookers from the college.

One terrified Queen’s fresher said: “The guy sounds like a psychopath: this is the stuff of horror films.”

Everyone here is terrified

In an erratic email sent to all Queen’s students, the Bursar said: “Oil has been poured over a cooker to such an extent that it has run through the cooker and on to the floor.

“One of the kitchens filled with smoke and the functioning alarms went off.”

Even scarier, some fire alarms were tampered with: and a door to the bike store was left deliberately open.

St Aldates, the building where the attempted attack took place

“Someone may be trying to cause a fire in the building,” the email concluded.

It appears that college authorities are unaware of who did this. They have asked all students to inform them immediately if they know who was involved.

The incident has terrified students across Oxford. “This is the only information we’ve been given so far: it’s pretty scary,” said one worried fresher historian at Queen’s.

Psychopath lurking in the bushes

Anna Daly, a Trinity second year, said: “I’m not a Queen’s student but I’m terrified – what if the arsonist is operating in other colleges too?”