On Wednesdays we wear pink

‘Pink Wednesdays’ motion passed by Queen’s JCR

In honour of the 10th anniversary of Mean Girls, Queen’s College JCR have passed a motion which says that all JCR members must wear pink on Wednesdays.

It was proposed by French and Italian student Jack Straker and seconded by medic Rosie Roberts, who said ‘Mean Girls was an important part of many of our childhood/pre-teen years.

It is as relevant now as it was 10 years ago. Consequently, such an important milestone deserves to be celebrated.’

A typical Wednesday at Queen’s

The motion also states that JCR members should encourage the wearing of pink by using the phrase ‘you can’t sit with us’.

During the meeting, the motion was amended to include the creation of a committee called ‘The Plastics’ who will decide whether or not people are wearing an acceptable amount of pink.

An amendment was also made which requires Straker to stand with The Plastics during lunch and decide where people should sit.

Queen’s JCR President, Alfred Burton, said ‘I heard a rumour that Teddy Hall are going to do the same, because they have a big fat lesbian crush on us.

In all seriousness, this was a great motion and I’m really happy it passed. It shows that Queen’s is a fun college, and also that our JCR’s members have good taste in cheesy films.’