Best Dressed: Capitox @ The Varsity Club

The Tab tried to do best dressed at a banking event, we should have known better.

Diversity, in general, is a positive thing. The diversity of outfits that we found at the Capitox bar FTSE event however left us wishing for a room of grey-suited bankers…

Henry Richardson Banks, Teddy Hall

Henry rocked up late looking a little flustered and somewhat surprised to see so many people in suits. He instantly defended his glasses “I do actually need them”, and lamented that his mum bullied him for his ‘grandma chic’.

He then proceeded to boast about his vintage wardrobe, mentioning that he is affectionately called an ‘indie c***’. He informed us that grey jumpers are a must have for A/W 12/13. Thanks for the heads up Henry.

Alec Yates and Dan Enzar, St Johns

Alec and Dan’s matching attire was, in their opinion, a sartorial cut above the rest of the room.

Alec coyly remarked that he liked to borrow Dan’s clothes and said their identical garb was an important feature of their relationship. Like Henry, their mums’ opinion is scripture when it comes to what they wear.

Luke Gbedemah – Hertford

The ‘smart-casual’ dress code that Capitox told the Tab was in place appeared to have been interpreted with a measure of artistic license by dashing young Luke.

He said that the shirt reflected his African roots and was an ironic take on the gap yah culture so prevalent in Oxford – an irony compounded, apparently, by the wanna-be bankers surrounding him.

“Third-world influence just needs to penetrate more here”.

Tom Davis, Teddy Hall

Tom was pretty much the only person in the room who looked like they meant business. He is currently working on his ten-year plan, but knows that he wants to be an investment banker in three years time – a refreshing outlook for an E&M student.

He modestly described himself as “the most dapper here”, and we can only assume that the ‘casual’ aspect of the smart-casual dress code was reflected by his undone top button.