Griffin: I’ll attend union anyway

Nasty Nick Griffin plans to turn up at Oxford despite losing his invite

Nasty Nick Griffin says he will attend the Union despite being uninvited to speak.

The vile BNP leader hit out at the Union the Oxford Union on Twitter, accusing them of “disgraceful cowardice”.

Griffin, who was voted the worst person ever to attend Cambridge by Tab readers, plans to exploit his reciprocal membership from the Cambridge Union.

Griffin was slated to appear on Thursday, to debate the motion “This House would be glad to have gay parents”.

The “unofficial” invite

The Union later withdrew the invite, admitting it was sent by accident. They tweeted: “A new committee member arbitrarily invited Griffin. We deeply regret this & are taking disciplinary action. Invite was immediately rescinded.”

In a statement, the Union confirmed: “We have since rescinded the invitation in no uncertain terms, and are taking disciplinary action against the committee member in question. We stress that the invitation, though it may have looked official, was not signed off by the President, and was not made on behalf of the Oxford Union.

“Although the committee member did not at any point clear these invitations with the President or any other senior member of the Union committee, they wrote the letters in the President’s name and on behalf of the Union as a whole.”

They statement added: “The Oxford Union does not wish to be associated with the BNP in any way whatsoever. We strongly disagree with their views.”