So Var not so good

Ski trip fails to sell out after eight days…last year’s sold out in SIX HOURS.

It’s supposed to be one of the biggest weeks in the calendar, with the huge hype followed by a mad scramble for tickets.

But this year’s Varsity Trip could go down as a damp squib – tickets have failed to sell out after eight days.

Last year hundreds of emergency extra tickets were released to deal with demand and were gobbled up by snow-mad Oxbridge-ites after the initial batch sold out in six hours.

At the time of publication, 180 hours had elapsed since tickets went on sale, and the organizers of the world’s oldest ski trip were still advertising tickets.

A panicked post on the Varsity Trip Facebook page read: “VARSITY TRIP 2012 PLACES STILL AVAILABLE!! Incredibly there are still tickets available for Varsity Trip 2012!!”

An email gave readers three reasons to go on the trip: citing the dubious triad of snow, workshops and discounted susbcriptions to a snowboard magazine.

Panic..Varsity Trip has not failed to sell out in years

Students will be left puzzled about the tail-off in interest for the holiday – over a week ago Varsity Trip claimed there were just 500 tickets remaining.

Booking officially closes on Friday – will the trip sell out before then?