The best places to watch the FIFA 2022 World Cup in Notts

Don’t miss a thing this World Cup

The short days and dark nights might be back, but at least the football is too. It’s not the classic setting off beer gardens and sunshine we’re used to, but in true English style, nothing will stop the crowds this world cup.  So shift those winter blues, and head down to your local for a few drinks with your mates and show your country some support.

Here are the best places to immerse yourself in the action this World Cup.

Pryzm

Pryzm is currently holding the title for  “The Biggest Screen in Nottingham” to watch the World Cup this year. Forget dancing to ABBA with Mr. Cheese, Pryzm has reinvented itself to feel like “the stands of the game itself”.

They are showing every England and Wales game, with plenty of drinks deals, giveaways, and all the chants you could want. You do have to buy a ticket ranging from £3-£5, depending on if you would rather be seated or standing, but it’s 100% worth it.

Bierkeller

Obviously, Bierkeller has gone to town this World Cup offering both standard and VIP packages to watch the games.

Tickets are required, but for £25/head you get guaranteed seating and 2 drinks on arrival. If you want to go for the boujee option for £35 each you get the “best seats in the house”, a meal and 2 drinks on arrival.

Although it is a little on the pricey side, Bierkeller is always an amazing time and has a guaranteed buzzing atmosphere.

Rose and Crown

Fancy a quick pint on the way to campus? The newly renovated Rose and Crown opens at 9:30 – perfect to catch those earlier matches. Not to mention they have espresso martini on tap.

The R&C has a great selection of cheap drinks, a lively atmosphere, and is within walking distance from the UoN campus and Lenton.

For the England matches, it’s advised you get there a couple of hours before kick-off to get the best seats.

Mooch

Need a break from the library? Living on UoN campus? Save yourself an uber and head over to Mooch bar to catch every single world cup match.

They have a fully stocked bar with a wide range of drinks, including Jungfrau Kick shots at 5 for £10. If you’re feeling peckish, Mooch offers an extensive food menu from burgers and cheesy fries to quesadillas and vegan nuggets.

Support your SU this World cup and head down to Mooch for a great time!

The Rescue Rooms

Perhaps a slightly more niche place to watch the footy, but the Rescue Rooms are showing all of the England matches this world cup.

It’s very popular as all the tables are booked for the first stage, but they are still taking walk-ins for Tuesday 29th November. A table of 6 costs £15 (£2.50 each) and includes a free pint – which is a pretty good deal.

Depending on the result tomorrow night you’ll have to keep your eye open for future tickets.

The White Hart

With over 20 TVs The White Hart is a renowned pub for watching sports. They’re showing “all group stages across every team”, so there’s no chance of you missing a match, and even more excuses to skip your lectures.

There’s always a great atmosphere but get there early, especially for England matches, as it fills up very fast.  You don’t need to book or buy a ticket, and the drinks are cheap – I’d highly recommend an Inches cider.

.

Related articles recommended by the author:

Nottingham Students’ Union believes in ‘freedom of choice’ and is showing the World Cup

University of Nottingham lost to Bangor Uni on this week’s episode of University Challenge

All you need to know about Notts’ Winter Wonderland 2022