Netflix has donated a churchyard bench from After Life to UoN’s campus

It has been donated as part of a mental health campaign

Netflix has donated a bench representing the churchyard one from After Life to Nottingham’s University Park Campus as part of a mental health campaign with charity CALM.

After Life Season 3, which was recently released on Netflix, continues to follow the life of Tony after the loss of his wife Lisa to breast cancer. In the show, Tony continually returns to Lisa’s graveyard and sits on a bench, where he opens up to a fellow widow Anne.

The show aims to reveal the struggles of everyday life and highlight that there is nothing shameful about talking about your feelings.

Netflix has partnered up with mental health charity CALM for the launch of Season 3 of After Life to donate 25 benches across several locations in the UK. Each bench is inscribed with “Hope is everything”, a line from the show.

These benches symbolise the importance of opening up and are somewhere for people to get things off of their chest, just like Tony does. The aim of the campaign is to help people have open conversations and feel comfortable talking about their feelings.

Two of the donated benches have been placed in Nottingham, one in Highfields Park right by UoN and a second in the Arboretum.

Each bench has a QR code that will take you to CALM’s website with detailed help on how to get support.

In the words of Tony, “Nothing’s as good if you don’t share it”, so take a trip to one of the benches and despite how hard it may seem, start a conversation.

If you or someone you know has been affected by the stories told in Netflix’s After Life, please speak to someone or contact Samaritans on 116 123 at any time. You can also contact Anxiety UK on 03444 775 774, Mind on 0300 123 3393, and Calm (Campaign against living miserably) on 0800 58 58 58.

• Netflix donates 25 graveyard benches from After Life as part of a mental health campaign

After Life season three ending explained: Did *that* really happen and what does it mean?

Take this quiz and we’ll tell you which character from After Life you are