Notts Christmas Market is now open

It’s open until the end of December

Nottingham’s Christmas Market returned this week and is set to remain open until Friday 31 December.

This year, the event is to be spread throughout the city centre and has a reduced-scale to allow for a safe experience for visitors.

But the event is still filled with many of the usual favourites, with a wide range of festive stalls, a 60 foot Christmas tree and an observation wheel.

Other amenities at the event this year include a carousel and Apres Ski themed pop-up bar. However, the ice skating rink and the Ice and Sur la Piste bars have not made a return.

The event spreads to Trinity Square, which has its own Christmas village with food and drink for visitors to enjoy. The entrance features a winter wonderland themed area filled with igloo style glass domes.

A spokesperson for Mellors Group, which works with the council to put on the event, told Nottinghamshire Live: “We’re pleased to be bringing a Christmas experience to the heart of Nottingham once again.

“While we are of course disappointed not be able to bring the entire Winter Wonderland experience to Nottingham this year, the reduced-scale and dispersed offer of events and attractions across the city centre will still ensure that Nottingham remains one of the best seasonal destinations for visitors this Christmas.”

• What’s MFA and why are there posters about it everywhere on campus?

• UoN’s UCU votes in favour of strike action

• Strikes will take place at University of Nottingham in December