Image may contain: Town, Street, Road, Alleyway, Alley

A 19-year-old was stabbed on Albert Grove this morning

He is in a serious condition

Albert Grove was cordoned off by police today after a man was stabbed last night.

The 19 year old was rushed to Queen's Medical Centre following the attack outside of a property on Albert Grove at 6am this morning. His condition has been described as serious.

Albert Grove has been closed off with tape for more than six hours in order to stop any vehicles passing through, and until recently local residents had not been allowed back in to their homes.

Image may contain: Plan, Diagram

Police offered reassurances in the form of more patrols: “We have stepped up patrols in the area to provide reassurance for the local community"

The police issued the following statement:"Police are investigating after reports that a man had been stabbed in his chest outside an address in Lenton. We were called to Albert Grove just after 6am today (Wednesday 1 November 2017). The 19-year-old victim was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre. His condition is described as serious."

The police also asked that anyone who knows anything concerning this incident should come forward and contact the police in order to help in their investigation.