LGBT sleep out for charity

LGBT spend night on streets to raise money for charity.

The LGBT network have slept out overnight to raise money for The Albert Kennedy Trust. 

A group of 18 hardy souls set up cardboard boxes on a bitterly cold Thursday night outside the Portland building. The stunt is in aid of The Albert Kennedy Trust, which helps young people who have been made homeless or are living in a hostile environment due to their sexuality.

A long night awaits…

A great spirit was clearly present, with the campaigns officer Lucy Wake, a third year English and Philosophy student saying: “We’re doing great and will raise over £1000 with just this event.”

The LGBT network are active in the local community with events on a weekly basis. This includes visiting local schools and participating in community projects to raise awareness and the next event on their packed calender will be a concert for Nottingham Pride in The Den this Saturday.

Emily Howard,one of the brave individuals who chose to face the bitter cold, said: “You can get involved in lots of different ways and they are all really successful.”

The Portland steps await…

LGBT raise money for different charities and have a growing number of events, with Miss Wake telling The Tab that “there are more events than ever before and more people are getting involved.” If you are looking to join in, the Facebook group link can be found here.