In pictures: Manchester’s Kill the Bill protest on Saturday

Hundreds took part and marched through Manchester city centre

Hundreds of people marched through Manchester city centre on Saturday to protest the proposed Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts bill which would affect how we can protest. The ‘Kill the Bill’ protests are a revival of similar protests that started in March of last year.

The protestors also aimed their opposition at the Nationality and Borders bill, which would give the Government the ability to strip British people of their citizenship if it is deemed “in the public interest” and if they have the possibility of dual citizenship without prior notice.

The protest began at 1pm with speeches in St Peter’s Square, before marching to Piccadilly Gardens, through Market Street past Arndale, and back to St Peter’s Square along Deansgate, finishing with more speeches in St Peter’s Square at 4pm.

Here’s everything that happened at Manchester’s Kill The Bill protest this weekend:

Protests started in St Peter’s Square with speeches and this protest action by Extinction Rebellion

Protesters blocked trams as they went along Mosley Street

Crowds with cameras filmed the protests as the protest passed, followed by police

The march passed through the Arndale

It continued via Deansgate

One of the supporting groups was Queers Support the Migrants North

Protestors reassembled at St Peter’s Square