Body found in search for student Charley Gadd

Charley went missing on the December 11th after visiting Warehouse Project

A body was found in The Manchester Ship Canal yesterday in the search for missing student, Charley Gadd. Charley had last been seen on December 11th with his parents after a night out at Warehouse Project.

Greater Manchester Police said the body had not yet been formally identified, but was thought to be Charley. Officers were called to a report of a body in the canal just after 11:30 am on Monday.

Charley a 20-year-old second year film student at the University of Essex was described as a “very bright, warm, funny and loving man who everybody hugely enjoys being around.”

His parents say he ran off near the Spar Store in St Mary’s Gate at around 1:10am. After spending many hours looking for him they then reported him missing to police around 11am on December 11th.

Charley was “not familiar with Manchester and may have got lost” his parents said.

GMP said there are believed to be no suspicious circumstances and his family are being supported by specialist officers.

Feature image credit: GMP