Factory have now withdrawn the appeal against the suspension of their licence

Today’s meeting at Town Hall has been cancelled


Factory have withdrawn their appeal against their licence suspension, which was due to be heard this afternoon at Town Hall.

The appeal hearing will no longer take place today, and the club's premises licence will remain suspended until the full review takes place on 28th December.

A spokesperson for Manchester City Council told The Manchester Tab that the licence holders withdrew their appeal representations late yesterday afternoon.

Factory did not contest the suspension of their licence at an emergency meeting on 5th December, which followed the video showing eight bouncers attacking two men leaving one with a serious head injury.

The Manchester Tab previously reported that Factory had appealed the suspension of their licence, claiming that “there have been material changes in circumstances” since the licence was suspended.

The appeal offered 18 conditions, which included all security staff being equipped with body worn cameras and that “all crimes and incidents involving physical harm will immediately be reported to the police”.

Greater Manchester Police told The Manchester Tab that they did not plan to contest the appeal but had suggested security measures.

Factory Manchester did not contest the decision to have its licence suspended. We fully respect this decision by the…

Posted by Factory Manchester on Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Factory have been approached for comment.