Police issue warning after multiple attacks in Fallowfield

Three students were attacked on Thursday night

The Greater Manchester Police have issued a warning after two students were attacked in Fallowfield within a mile of one another. Both attacks occurred on Thursday night.

The first occurred at Platt Fields Park, where two students were reportedly threatened at knife point, at around 6pm. GMP told the MEN however that no knife was seen, but that a heated altercation did occur.

GMP also told the MEN that the suspects are described as black, one with slightly lighter skin, aged between 22-24-years-old. One was wearing a grey cotton tracksuit with the hood pulled up, and carried a black manbag with a stripy strap which was black, white and red in the middle. The other offender had short shaven black hair, and was also wearing a grey hooded top.

The second attack occurred just hours later when police were called to Moseley Road. The victim was a male student and he was attacked by a gang of three men. It occurred at around 11:15pm.

The GMP told the MEN that they searched his pockets, stole the contents and ran off. The police described them as being possibly Middle Eastern, with one in a grey tracksuit.

The police are urging people to share this information, and to call 101 or report to Crimestoppers via 0800 555111, if any information is found linked to these attacks.