Soho House to open in Manchester

The House is coming and they’re bringing a rooftop swimming pool

Soho House are planning to bring their exclusive creative hub up North to Old Granada Studios.

Soho House, known for its Shoreditch House in East London and other locations around the world, are in talks with Allied London’s Old Granada Studios over opening one of its exclusive members’ clubs in Manchester.

Cheers to that

Planning permission was received in October and the go ahead will mean a space in Manchester including a hotel with a rooftop swimming pool, 150 bedrooms, a private club on the top floor, restaurants and workspaces.

The exclusive club’s Northern debut will undoubtedly stick to Soho House’s creative-only clientele policy, and you almost definitely won’t be able to take pictures.

The plan is to move in at Old Granada Studios

A year’s membership, which is notoriously a bit of a struggle to get, starts at £600 for under-27s, and permits entrance to the facilities of one Soho House location.

However, hotel rooms are more on top and it is understood that rooms at the Manchester Soho House will be around £130 per night.

Excited by the news, third year Kate said: “Finally Soho House has realised that we can have as much fun up North as in London.

“I hope there’s a photobooth!”