Three arrested after huge fight outside 42s

More than 20 people were involved

Three males were arrested early this morning after a huge fight broke out outside 42s.

More than 20 people were involved in the fight that took place at around 3am this morning.

Police were called to Bootle Street in the City Centre at 3.20am after receiving a 999 call with reports of a gang of men and women fighting in the street.

After arriving at the scene outside 42s, where the student night Skint was on, police officers arrested three male teens, aged 15, 16 and 16, on suspicion of assault.

They were taken into custody after being tracked on CCTV making their way down Bootle Street.

The fight took place outside 42s

PCSO Adam Harvey said: “A group of at least 20 men and women were spotted fighting on the street.

“Officers responded and after the three teens were pointed out by others they were tracked on CCTV and arrested.

“It is not believed that they had been in the club itself as they were underage.

“The three males were released early this morning and no further action was taken as no one pressed charges against them.”