Second year booked Big Narstie to perform at his 21st in Koh Tao

Hello, hello, hi

Second year Sol Khan splashed out to book Big Narstie for his 21st birthday party on Monday.

The Grime legend graced Fallowfield with his presence in the beloved Koh Tao.

140 people were invited to watch him perform an hour set in the basement before sticking around to enjoy the rest of the party.

Sol and Narstie not givin a fuck

Sol’s friends got in for free, and other people paid £5 entry to the event which had not been advertised.

Big Narstie was also celebrating his birthday on Monday, so the crowd sang Happy Birthday to the two boys. 

Big love between the birthday boys

We had a chat with Sol about his birthday bash: “It was a banging night.

“Booking him was definitely one of the best ideas I’ve had. I was chilling with him for the majority of the night, either in his booth or in the venue.

He was so nice to everyone there – he stayed around for quite a while in the smoking area talking to the guests and taking photos.

“He also gave me his hat and signed it. He said he enjoyed himself so everyone there did well to make it a good birthday for him too.

“His support artists were pretty great too, DJ Binge and Reggulate. They sorted out the booking and have an upcoming night called Jack and the Bassline.”

“And don’t worry about gate crashing it – I’ll make sure you’re invited to the next one.”

He even signed his hat

While the majority of the venue was Sol’s friends, not all knew him personally.

Second year Jon Fuller told us he had only found out that the big N was playing on the day, but knew it wasn’t one to be missed: “Sweaty, but good.

“A lot like sex. It was Narstie.”

Local DJ, Liam (Hyphen) had a mental night: “It will have cost Sol a lot of money, but fair play to the guy.

“I had a great night enjoying the #base. We even got to meet him and join him for a smoke.”

Liam bagged himself a post-night smoke with the big guy

It was a huge booking for Koh Tao, general manager Lewis said: “It was a massive success for us, and obviously a very good look for the bar.

“We had the option to announce it to everyone, but decided to keep it a private event rather than risk overcrowding the venue and ruining everyone’s night.

“It was a very intimate affair, and everyone including the big man really enjoyed it.”

There’s more big names in store for the bar. They will be hosting Bez from Happy Mondays tonight, donating the proceeds to a Syrian refugee fund.