Pervert policeman caught filming up drunk girls’ skirts

‘The fitter the better’, he said to colleagues

A lewd Manchester policeman filmed up the skirts of drunken girls in heels while on duty.

Greater Manchester Police officer, Pc Kevin Dwyer, 39, also crept up to a window twice to film a couple having sex.

He even filmed one girl while on duty and in uniform with a secret camera.

The victim was approached while squatting down, under the guise of investigating a crime.

Other locations where girls were filmed included takeaways, queues up nightclub stairs, and taxi queues.

Following his arrest, Dwyer said to colleagues: “Absolutely admired a great pair of legs and a short skirt. The fitter the better.”

Pc Kevin Dwyer leaving court

He pleaded guilty to two counts of voyeurism and ten counts of outraging public decency. The incidents took place between 1st October 2013 and 15th May 2014.

The extent of his crimes came to light when officers found the secret recordings on his home computer equipment.

His internet search history showed he had an interest in the student areas of Chester, where he had repeatedly made late-night trips.

His searches included student accommodation, spy cameras, recording in low-light, and CCTV camera locations.

Similar searches had been conducted for Sheffield and Stoke.

Dwyer used distraction techniques, such as pretending to be on his phone, in order to film the victims.

On other occasions he spoke to them, sometimes even pretending to be a first aider wanting to help.

According to the prosecution, he “seemed to target women wearing high heels, short skirts, short dresses or short shorts”.

The prosecution added: “In relation to the women he selected, they were all young women, out on nights out, they were expecting they could go out, enjoy an evening out and not have their privacy invaded by this man filming up their skirts.”

Since his arrest on 15th May 2014, he has been suspended, and is expected to lose his job with the police.