Societies executive officer campaigner Malkinson receives six hour ban

There was another Facebook misunderstanding

Esther Malkinson was issued a full campaign ban yesterday after being found to be in contravention of a social media rule.

Yesterday evening, it was revealed on LCR by the elections chair, Kushal Shah, that Malkinson would receive a complete campaign ban for six hours, starting from 9pm and then finishing at 3am this morning.

Shah said: “Esther Malkinson has been found to be in contravention of the rule that social media posts can only be made by an individual. Any posts made by representative groups will incur sanctions.”

Malkinson’s campaign page was shared and promoted by the Disney society Facebook account, that she herself is a member of, which is in complete breach of the campaigning regulations.

Shah continued: “This was brought to the election committee’s attention earlier today, and they have issued a full campaign ban lasting six hours starting 9pm tonight on the 22nd February 2016 and finishing tomorrow at 3am on the 23rd February 2016.”

The full campaign ban means that Malkinson will not be allowed to campaign in any form during this period, resulting in her not being able to promote herself at Brooklyn Bar’s event last night.

This follows after Thomson’s 12 hour social media ban running from Sunday night through to yesterday morning over yet another social media slip up.