Randomly, London has ranked as one of the best cities in the UK to go pumpkin picking

You’re not doing Halloween right if you’re not picking your own pumpkin

London is officially one of the best cities to go pumpkin picking in, ranking ninth best in the whole of the UK.

An idyllic Halloween that resembles one out of American TV shows has always felt a little out of reach; where neighbours compete with each other decking their houses out to the max with Halloween decor, and the whole season of autumn is spent drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes whilst you crunch your way through fallen leaves. Alas, here in the UK we make do with wearing cut up white t-shirts covered in a pathetic amount of fake blood whilst getting smashed at our local club’s Halloween event.

But now you can actually have a super cosy and wholesome autumn as London is actually one of the best places to go pick your own pumpkin.

New research conducted by This is Fresh analysed cost, ratings and location in order to rank the best pumpkin patches to visit in the UK. Taking the first place crown was Liverpool, which was found to have the cheapest patches, with an average cost of just £1.29 per pumpkin, whilst other cities cost as much as £27.

So why not try branching out from just carving a pumpkin this Halloween by actually going to pick your own as well?

Related articlles recommended by this author:

• On-campus cemeteries and cursed paintings: These are the most haunted unis in London

• I spent a week eating surplus food around London, and this is what it’s like

• Revealed: These are the least and most popular University of London halls