Here are the best 10 sober activities to enjoy in Liverpool

Give your liver a night off!

Whether you don’t drink, are not a big drinker, or are just hanging from the night before, it is always fun to spend quality time with friends and do something a bit different. It is also important to reiterate that not everything in uni has to include alcohol and getting drunk so here are 10 activities in Liverpool that you can get stuck into without drinking.

1. Frankie’s paint it pottery

Pottery painting is a great way to get creative and take something home that you can use forever. Frankie’s paint it pottery on Smithdown Road is a must – you can paint a variety of ceramics like bowls, mugs and ornaments for as cheap as £9. This is a cute spot to spend time with friends.

2. Escape rooms

Breakout Liverpool to name one, offers a variety of rooms for you and friends to break out of ranging in difficulty levels. They are a great way to test your knowledge (and your friendship) and are super interactive.

3. Pub quiz

Whilst it might be tempting in a pub, you can definitely enjoy a pub quiz sober and get your quiz on. Rally all your friends together to test your general knowledge.
Our favourite pub quizzes include:
The Brookhouse – Mondays at 8pm
The Guild –  Mondays at 7pm
Black Cat – Wednesdays and Sundays at 8pm

4. A stroll around Sefton Park

A cheaper option if you just want to chill outside and have a nice walk in nature. You can do this solo or with friends and there is the Palmhouse to stop off at for lunch, or head over to Lark Lane for more options.

5. Baking/cooking

Another one for staying! You could even take part in a bake-off or come dine with me competition with your housemates for something slightly different. It ends in a lovely treat too!

6. Museums

Liverpool has many museums you can visit with majority of them being free! To name a few there is the Tate museum, Museum of Liverpool and the Maritime museum, all situated on the docks. They are great day out if you particularly enjoy history or art. Go for a walk and grab some lunch on the docks after visiting the museums.

7. Crazy golf

Crazy golf is a fun activity to do if you want to get competitive with friends. While both places do amazing cocktails for those that want to drink, its just as good fun sober. In Liverpool you could try out Golf Fang or Junkyard Golf, both places have fun courses to golf around. Good luck getting a hole in one!

8. Charity shopping

There are a bunch of charity shops and vintage stores dotted around Liverpool and there is always a great find in them! It’s also great to give to charity so it’s a win-win activity if you are wanting something to do without alcohol. The Guild also hosts Vintage Kilo sales from time to time, this is the perfect and most affordable way to bag some vintage goodies.

9. Board game night

The perfect night if you want to stay in and spend time with your housemates. If you don’t have any board games and want to get your hands on some cheap ones then definitely have a look in the charity shops, maybe purchase one when you go charity shopping :). Alternatively, you could play some card games. Beware, this activity can get very competitive so you may lose friends by the end of it…

10. Movie night

Grab your favourite snacks and get cosy while watching a film – at home, or there are many cinemas around Liverpool such as Odeon in Liverpool One. Why not grab some dinner before or after in Liverpool One too?