Image may contain: Man, Head, Selfie, Photo, Photography, Portrait, Hair, Costume, Smile, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Human, Person

Liverpool student campaigning to raise money for friend who suffered a serious head injury

David Kloos is currently in an induced coma in Budapest

A friend of a University of Liverpool student has set up a GoFundMe page in order to raise £20,000 to provide financial support to David Kloos, who was hit by a car whilst on holiday with his mates.

David, who is President of the Geography Society, and represents in the university in Rugby League, suffered serious head trauma, which fractured his skull and damaged his brain. He is being supported by his dad, brother and girlfriend in intensive care at this time.

Lewis Guest, who set up the fundraiser, has described Dave as someone who "welcomes everyone with open arms, and those who know him, strongly believe he is a lovely person through and through." His charitable work has also been noted, therefore encouraging us to now help him in his time of need.

The campaign target is £20,000, and awareness has been spread through the Instagram page @savedave2019. Donations will provide his family with financial support, and help with his recovery, rehabilitation and repatriation.

If you would like more information, head over to the page set up for Dave.

Everyone at The Liverpool Tab wishes him a speedy recovery.