Image may contain: Crowd, Club, Photo, Photography, Portrait, Female, Night Life, Pants, Smile, Clothing, Apparel, Face, Accessory, Sunglasses, Accessories, Person, Human, Party

It’s official: Leeds is one of the best unis in the country

Leeds has smashed it again

As arguably the most respected university league table, The Guardian is a go-to for prospective students around the country to see who has the bragging rights of going to the best uni in a friendship group.

Last year the University of Leeds managed to crack the top 10 unis in the country, squeezing itself into the tenth spot. Despite having the joint-best 'value' degree in the top 30 universities, this year Leeds slipped down to 11th place with a score of 71.8 out of 100.

You could see that as a disappointing result, or you could see it as finishing a whopping 83 places above Leeds Trinity, and an even bigger margin of 107 places to Leeds Beckett in 118th place (they even moved up two spots from last year). There are only 121 universities included in the table FYI.

Despite having no data available for 3 of the 9 categories, Cambridge and Oxford ranked first and third respectively, with St Andrew's being sandwiched between the old guard.

Leeds is the 20th most difficult uni to get into with an average entry tariff of 166, and also has the 16th best student-to-teacher ratio. 90% of students were happy with the standard of teaching according to the NSS, the 3rd best in the country only behind St Andrew's and Aberystwyth.

You can see the full table for yourself here.