Image may contain: Female, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

We asked students for the worst meals they’ve cooked at university, and they did not disappoint

These are seriously tragic

Food. It's a huge part of university life. Whether it's a banging Bakery 164 or some grotty grub from Crispy's after a night out, us students LOVE to eat. But what happens when we're left to our own devices? No mum and dad to deliver delicacies to the table? We decided to find out and words, quite honestly, cannot do these meals justice. Britain, I think we need to expand the teaching in Food Tech lessons …

We all know those guys that are 'bulking' which is actually just code for 'needing an excuse to eat crap'.

Image may contain: Human, Person, Food, Fried Chicken, Nuggets

Well this is a major carb overload

We've all hit that low where all you have left is pasta and cheese but NEVER have I seen bacon and carrots added – mate, you haven't even cut the ends off.

Image may contain: Finger, Produce, Food, Cutlery, Fork, Plant, Human, Person

I mean, I guess you're kind of attempting to be healthy with the carrots

Don't get me wrong, I can get on board with a good sausage sandwich but 12 sausages … without any sauce … are you serious?

Image may contain: Confectionery, Sweets, Plant, Meal, Dish, Food

You've basically got a full pig on your plate there pal

Dry, dry, dry. This meal actually makes me thirsty just looking at it.

Image may contain: Cracker, Bread, Food

If sadness was a food, this is what it'd look like

Calling all vegans and vegetarians: DO NOT SCROLL DOWN. The image below may scar you for life.

Image may contain: Pasta, Plant, Ice Cream, Dessert, Cream, Creme, Dish, Food, Meal

I'm speechless

I can get on board with a good roast (I mean realistically who can't?) ,but there are so many things that are fundamentally wrong with this dish – for starters, where is your gravy?

Image may contain: Wood, Bun, Shelf, Bread, Food

Literally all I can see on that plate is brown

Well at least this time there's some bread and cucumber getting involved with the sausages (in case you hadn't guessed already this is another culinary delight from our 12 sausage eating lover from 4 pictures ago).

Image may contain: Produce, Dish, Meal, Burger, Furniture, Table, Dining Table, Plant, Food, Person, Human

How can you afford sausages and not ketchup!?

If you're trying to justify this meal by having some sweetcorn, then let me tell you right now that you've failed miserably.

Image may contain: Bread, Food

At least you have some brown sauce on your plate, it turns out Leeds isn't going through a sauce famine after all

Mate, this makes the festival food at Fyre look like it was 5*.

Image may contain: Cornbread, Dish, Meal, Confectionery, Sweets, Food, Bread

Anyone else confused at how the cheese is melted but the bread isn't toasted?

Ok, so it turns out the students of our generation can't cook. Honestly, guys, you've let down the whole population here. Oh, and buy some bloody sauce! Roasts need gravy, and sausages need ketchup. End of. Or maybe consider buying a personal chef with all the money you're saving by not buying fruit and veg. Either will transform your life.