Is this Taylor Swift election video a modern masterpiece?

He wants you to Jake It Off

Education Officer hopeful Jake Williams released his election video and it already has over 4000 views and has been mentioned on Radio 1.

The video plays on Jake’s campaign slogan “Jake It Off”, which although sounding extremely inappropriate is a parody of Taylor Swift’s smash hit “Shake It Off”.

Talented Jake frolics around lip-syncing to his pre-recorded track in front of the Parkinson Building, Terrace and the Eddy B Library.

The video begins with Jake and his crew limbering up in Terrace for the big dance ahead.

He then appears outside the back of the union and explains some of his policies that have been created using student feedback, singing “that’s what students saaaaaaay, ooh-ooh”.

A few scenes later and Jake is outside the Music building for the lyric “It’s like I’ve got this music”, as he points towards the sign.

Jake is seen running amongst library shelves, presumably disturbing other library-goers  a brave tactic for a prospective Education Officer.

He explains: “While you’ve been getting down and out about personal tutors and transferable skills, you could have been getting down to Jake’s sick beat.”

And what follows at 1:36 is possibly the strangest noise ever heard.

The video finishes with the cast singing “Jake it off, Jake it off”, followed by more dancing and stretching in Terrace.

The video has been extremely popular over the last few days and has even been mentioned by Scott Mills on BBC Radio 1, who said: “nice pun”.