These new flats will be nicer than where you live

They’ve got a concierge service

A £15m project will see some of the swankiest student flats Leeds has ever seen.

£140 a week will get you an en-suite bathroom, flat screen TV, wifi and a double bed.

The company behind it, IconInc, reckon they’ve spotted a gap in the market for luxury student properties.

2. IconInc - The Edge

There’ll also be a gym on-site (with personal trainers, naturally), cinema, free daily breakfast and a 24-hour concierge service. That’s right, a concierge service…for student flats. A far cry from the silverfish-riddled showers of Henry Price.

“The Edge” opens on Westfield Road in September this year, but not everyone is taken in by the prospect of a swish new apartment.

English third year Bob Palmer said: “Luxury student accommodation is a bit of a contradiction in terms. What this basically means is you’re going to miss out on the Hyde Park vibes.”

IconInc - The Edge

IconInc say The Edge “offers the luxury, modern design and cutting edge technology of a boutique hotel – 365 days of the year.”

If you’re deterred by the hefty rent, they’re running a competition to give one winner a free flat for a year.