Lancaster University ranks 14th in The Times Good University Guide 2024

The uni has dropped two places from 12th place in 2023

Lancaster University has been ranked 14th out of 132 UK universities according to The Times Good University Guide 2024.

The university scored 76.6 per cent for student satisfaction, with other factors such as teaching and research quality, graduate prospects, and continuation rates contributing to an overall score of 784 out of 1000.

The Times’ analysis of the National Student Survey 2022 also found Lancaster is 17th for satisfaction with the wider student experience.

The Times ranked Lancaster as 12th in 2023, but the university has also been placed 11th by the Guardian University Guide 2024, up from 14th in 2023. The Complete University Guide 2024 ranked Lancaster 1oth out of 130 UK universities.

The University of York sits at 15th place, rising from 17th in 2023.

In line with The Guardian’s rankings, this makes Lancaster University the top university in the North West, scoring 77.6 per cent for teaching quality. The university has been rated gold by the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021), and research quality is rated 57.4 per cent by The Times.

The guide has also found that 86.1 per cent of degrees awarded by Lancaster University are a first or second class (upper division).

The Linguistics and Mathematics departments are among those producing the university’s best results.

Related articles recommended by this writer: