Beat the heat with a pint: The best beer gardens in Glasgow

The only way to get through the heatwave

The summer is here! That means it’s time for an adventure through the neverending beer gardens in Glasgow. For a city which is known for its famous brews and vibrant spirit, it seems only fitting that the beer gardens have become beloved sanctuaries. For both locals and visitors.

So, grab your suncream, pop on your sunglasses and get ready to learn about the best places to enjoy the unpredictable Scottish weather and a hopefully ice-cold pint.

1. Brel (West End)

Welcome to Brel beer garden, where the beer flows as freely as the banter and the sun-soaked afternoons involve sunscreen. I will admit that Brel holds a special place in my heart due to its wide range of drinks to the really lovely staff. If you want a super cute and photo-worthy beer garden, then this is the place for you!

2. Beer Bar (West End)

Now I mean, who doesn’t love their union’s bar? The UofG Beer Bar is super cute and convenient, I mean a pint between lectures? count me in! With a variety of different drinks and nibbles, this place is a no-brainer. Although, I would advise you to bring cash with you as there is a £5 minimum spend on the card machine.

3. Hootenanny ( City Centre)

Hootenanny in the City centre has one of the biggest beer gardens on this list. With a range of comfort foods and spirits, as well as live music on weekends, it deserves a place on this list. With lovely staff and a great location, I must say this is one of my all-time favourites.

4. Sloans (City Centre)

Besides their great food, especially the mac and cheese and their incredible ceilidh nights, Sloans deserves to be on this list. With a beer garden that reflects the vibe of the establishment, it is the perfect place for relaxing and having a laugh.

5. Vodka Wodka (West End)

Now I don’t know about you but Vodka Wodka is the first place my mind goes to when I’m in the West End. I can’t decide if it’s because of their fun name or their pint-and-a-slice deal. But defiantly due to its stunning beer garden. Which is so photogenic it hurts.

6. The Record Factory  (West End)

Come on folks, Step into The Record Factory, where vinyl dreams spin harmoniously, and even the jukebox knows how to drop the needle on a wild night. With a huge list of drinks and food, as well as loads of live gigs. It would be silly to miss a visit to this place.

7. Festival Village (Merchant City)

Festival Village, where there are endless food trucks, loads of live performances, and an incredible beer garden. if you want to take travel to the City centre but have a hankering to go to a beer garden, this is the perfect place for you.

8. Old Schoolhouse (West End)

The Old Schoolhouse is definitely somewhere I’d recommend. With their fun twist on the building’s origins, they have turned this school into a fun, open-plan pub with a lovely beer garden. What’s even better is that there is a glass shelter over the beer garden, so not only do you still get the sun, it means any weather is beer weather at the Old Schoolhouse.

9. The Arlington (Woodlands)

At first glance, Arlington might not look like your typical place to hang out when the sun is out. But, believe me when I say you’ll have a great time. With a wide range of drinks and live bands. Not to mention their fun colour benches out in the sun!

This is my list of the best beer gardens in Glasgow. So go out and enjoy this beautiful weather and do lets us know if we’ve missed any of your favourites on our Instagram.

Related stories recommended by this author: